The Thrive Effect can help you...
Feel inspired and motivated
Learn from other female founders and women in business' experiences of starting and growing their own business, social enterprise or creative practice.
Boost your business knowledge and skills
Read and download our high-quality learning resources tailored to the five stages of venture development: Explore, Test, Start, Refine and Grow.
Become part of a supportive community
Connect with other female founders, women in business and business support practitioners via our business directory and - if you are a Thrive+ member - via our private, peer support community on LinkedIn.
Be inspired and informed
Get the inspiration, knowledge and connections you need throughout your entrepreneurial journey to grow a thriving small business.
How can The Thrive Effect help you?
The Thrive Effect is a purpose-led membership organisation in Sussex which creates practical learning resources, networking opportunities and events for female founders and women in business.
Our mission is to give you - female founders and women in business - the inspiration, knowledge and connections you need to grow a thriving small business.
The Thrive Effect can help you in two ways. We can:
1. Inspire you and boost your business knowledge and skills
When you register as a Thrive member for free, you can access our digital platform where you can:
- Read inspirational interviews
- Read, download and print high-quality learning resources
- Carry out a skills audit
- Explore our business directory "with a human touch" (featuring short interviews with founders and business supporters)
2. Raise your business profile
When you become a Thrive+ member for £60 per year, you can:
- Feature in our business directory
- Write an article, interview or learning material for our Resources section
- Deliver talks at our Thrive meetups, brunches and workshops
- Join our private, peer support community on LinkedIn to seek advice and guidance from other Thrive+ members
- Ask The Thrive Effect team to connect you to relevant people and organisations outside your current network
- Make announcements in our fortnightly Thrive e-bulletin
- Feature in our Thrive+ member spotlights
- Benefit from our social media shout-outs
To become a Thrive+ member, contact us directly.
From the blog...
One of the first founders to join as a Thrive+ member was Lau Moracchini. Lau is Founder of The Creative Upcycler, a purpose-led, commercially driven social enterprise on a mission to help reduce the amount of wood and metal waste going to landfill. Lau is an eco-friendly woodworker, jewellery designer and maker based in Brighton, who collects salvaged, reclaimed wood and other sustainable materials from cabinet makers, shops, building sites, recycling yards, skips and fly tipping to make a unique range of professional, wooden jewellery and rustic objects for the home and garden.